Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 24, 2026

I Am Blessed. I Need to Bless.

The book of Omni is short, but it left me with a powerful impression today.

As I read, I was struck by the chain of faithful men who preserved the records—from father to son, brother to brother, and eventually into the hands of King Benjamin. I am grateful for those who understood the importance of preserving God's word. Because they did, we have the Book of Mormon today.


One verse especially caught my attention:

"There is nothing which is good save it comes from the Lord; and that which is evil cometh from the devil." (Omni 1:25)


The following verse invites us to offer our whole souls to God. As I followed the scripture references, I was reminded that one of the ways we make that offering is through service. Good thoughts, good desires, and good opportunities come from Him.


My challenge is rarely idleness. I enjoy being busy and productive. My challenge is balance. There is no end to good causes, and I can easily become absorbed in whatever I am doing.


My study then led me to then Elder Oaks' address, Helping the Poor and Distressed. He reminded us that we should be anxiously engaged in good causes and united in relieving suffering among God's children.


That led me to a scripture I memorized years ago but could not remember where to find:

"For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil." (Moroni 7:16)

Mormon continues by teaching that everything which invites us to do good, love God, and serve Him is inspired of God. Sometimes we ask for guidance when the answer has already been placed quietly in our hearts.


Last week I received $100 from the Church for two songs that received awards. This morning I received a message about Temple Bound, an organization that helps people participate in temple excursions who might not otherwise have the opportunity.


The impression came immediately.


Send it forward.


I love moments when the scriptures, conference messages, and personal circumstances all point in the same direction. The Holy Ghost often speaks quietly, but His message can be unmistakably clear.


I am blessed.


I need to bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment