Some days I finish my scripture study with pages of notes and wonder what the Lord was really trying to teach me.
Today it was simple.
Our choices determine our outcome.
As I read Mosiah 7, I was reminded that Ammon and the men with him had heard King Benjamin teach years earlier. Those teachings stayed with them. It reminded me that truth doesn't leave us just because time passes.
Then I read part of the Come, Follow Me lesson about Rehoboam. He rejected the counsel of experienced men and listened to those who told him what he wanted to hear. I had to ask myself if I ever do the same. Do I sometimes choose the easier message over the better one?
The Savior taught that true greatness is found in serving others, not in being served. King Benjamin taught that same truth: "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." I wondered if I ask often enough, "How can I help?" instead of, "Who will help me?"
One thought kept leading to another. Every day I choose whose voice I'll follow. I choose whether to pray. I choose whether to listen to the Holy Ghost. And when a prompting comes, I choose whether to act on it.
One last thought came to me.
When you see God's hand, record it.
If today seems ordinary, look again. Notice the beauty around you. Remember blessings from the past if they're hard to see today. The Lord is always there, quietly working in our lives.
I'm grateful that we don't have to make every right choice all at once. We simply keep choosing Jesus Christ—one decision, one prayer, one prompting at a time.

No comments:
Post a Comment